Saturday, November 8, 2014

Je Jetna Padhua Wu Utna Bhadua(जे जेतना पढ़ुआ ऊ ओतना भड़ुआ)



Was in an award function(7.11.2014) YUVA SAMPADAK of Dainik Jagran. With brilliant youngsters in front, couldn't help going back to my middle school days that made me most of what I am today.

It also reminds me of  what a very graceful cultured elderly lady of my village used to say:

Je Jetna Padhua Wu Utna Bhadua (The more formally educated you are the less genuine you are.).

It took me at least three decades to decode what these words meant and with what amount of pain and agony were they stated.
With all this on the back of my mind I could only request the teachers and parents to let the young ones ask as many questions as they could without worrying about the answers. Questions put up with an open mind lead to answers from within and from those around.
Like the Bhadhua in the aforesaid saying,  our education system has become anything but genuine from the view point of the BAHUJAN. More on this later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home