Sunday, November 22, 2015

Muslims are part of my DNA yet I am anti-Islamic!

There are any number of people including some longtime friends labeling yours truly as Islamophobic, anti-Islam,  anti-Muslim or communal.

There's is no reason to be anti-Muslim because Muslims are part of our DNA, culturally as well as biologically. In fact, those with intellectual guts among our Muslim brethren in South Asia will have no option to reciprocating the same about us.
On a personal note, I owe my early educational and social grooming to one of my most respected seniors Mr Asgar Ali and a few family friends ( Parvez Izhar Rashid Izhar Tabrez Ahmad) for which I have no words. The list could be disproportionately long, that is more than their share in the populations wherever they became part of my life.
Thus neither historically nor experientially I have enough reasons to even play anti-Muslim in the wildest of my dreams.

Now about being Islamophobic. I wish I were so but for my rural-agricultural background that has taught me to stand like a rock in matters of Faith without disrespecting others if the latter do the same.
However I take pride in taking positions that are doubtlessly anti-Islamic on many issues because of the anti-otherness of Islam right from its birth so much so that this anti-otherness doesn't spare even the non-mainatream Muslims ( Khoja, Shia, Baloch, etc.).

Finally, about the sweet-sour and simple-stupid communal.
Since in India there is practically  a complete exchange of meaning between Secular and Communal in the academic sense of the term, here I end up self-congratulating for being communal.

However, I must add, as a Hindu and an Indian I find the terms-- Secular and Communal -- sides of the same Biblical-European coin with little relevance to India where the Dharmic attributes bind us with a feeling of mutual respect as opposed to Secularly Tolerating something that you hate and hence would otherwise even like to decimate as testified by the fatricidal wars between Catholics and Protestants necessitating the Toleration Act of 1648 (?).
In view of the above, one may risk saying that in the long-run Islam is anti-Muslim and,  as someone sharing his DNA with the Muslims of the Indian sub-continent, it is my Dharma to go anti-Islamic for a better and certain future of Muslims in particular and the humanity in general.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home