Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Father, We Thank Thee!


You don't forget your father and hence you don't need to remember him. I am yet to believe that my father left us 28 years ago. Such is the presence of his physical absence that I seek for his reassuring shoulders for support every now and then. And, his near-parting words are no less than the much needed support during the times of crisis:
बेटा! याद रखना, किसान के बेटे हो।जो भी करना निर्भय होकर करना।
Unlike many others, he never wanted me to go to the home town for schooling as for him all this was not necessary for a farmer's son. But first it was the Rural National Merit Scholarship that tricked him into letting his son live in a hostel and later the THUG called his son's ambition joined hands with the chain of MAYAWEE Scholarships to keep his son away from him most of the time.

Today I have the strength of his near-parting words as ever 'present shoulders' to rest my head on with the echo of BLOW BLOW THOU WINTER WIND...

Father, We Thank Thee!

(Thank you Dr Sarvesh Tripathi ji for a moving tribute to your father that has brought alive the child in me.)
#FathersDay #SingleParents #MotheringFathers #FatheringMothers #Indianfathers #FarmersAsFathers #BestFathersAndBestSons #BestMothersAndBestDaughers #WorstWivesAndWorstHusbands

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home